'Gossip Girl' Premiere: 5 Things to Know About the Episode (Video)
Serena (Blake Lively), Blair (Leighton Meester) and the rest of The CW's upper east siders return for Season 5 on Monday, Sept. 26.
The CW's Gossip Girl returns to TV for its fifth season Monday night.
And already, a few details about the premiere, titled "Yes, Thank Zero" are already out on the web.
1) The New York-based series will swap coasts for part of the show. Last season ended with Serena (Blake Lively) visiting her grandmother in Los Angeles. The socialite was even offered a job by David O. Russell. Viewers can expect to spend a little more time on the West Coast as the show sees Chuck (Ed Westwick) and Nate (Chace Crawford) making a stop on their world tour to visit.
2) Nate's never lonely for long. Elizabeth Hurley will guest star as a mysterious woman, Diana Payne, whom the perennial boy toy meets and will no doubt get involved with.
3) Blair (Leighton Meester) is never happy for long. The soon-to-be princess has returned from her summer in Paris and is in the throngs of wedding planning for her upcoming nuptials to Prince Louis Grimaldi (Hugo Becker), but there is trouble in paradise. His mother, Princess Sophie (Joanne Whalley) is calling more of the shots than she'd like.
4) Though Jessica Szohr's contract wasn't renewed for the fifth season, her character Vanessa will make an appearance during the premiere. Dan (Penn Badgley) knows Vanessa stole his upper-East Side expose, Inside. In the premiere, he is forced to cut his summer trip to the Hamptons to figure out what she did with it (though we as viewers know it's being published).
5) In typical CW show fashion, fans won't have to wait long for answers to the cliffhangers created at the end of last season. Ivy Dickens aka Charlie Rhodes (aka actress Kaylee DeFer) will be back, and some of her motives made clear. The series' first ep will also reveal just who is pregnant.
Watch executive producer Joshua Safran's Season Five Preview interview below.
Sundance: On the Scene