Graham Yost Eager to Re-team With Spielberg, Hanks, HBO on Third WWII Mini
“If they wanted to do a miniseries about proctology," says the "Justified" creator, "I would snap on the gloves and go."
Graham Yost has his hands in two different worlds as an executive producer of FX’s upcoming Cold War-era spy drama The Americans (starring Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys) and the showrunner on FX’s Justified, which just bowed its fourth season. But he’s eager to re-team with Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks for a rumored third iteration of the their World War II miniseries’ for HBO.
Yost wrote multiple episodes of both Band of Brothers (about the U.S. Army’s 101st Airborne division mission in Europe from Operation Overlord through V-J Day) and The Pacific (which revolved around Marines in Japan). He was also a producer on both. And he also worked with Hanks on the 1998 miniseries From the Earth to the Moon. Spielberg and Hanks, said Yost, are talking to HBO about exploring the aerial wars in the Pacific.
“If they wanted to do a miniseries about proctology, I would snap on the gloves and go,” Yost joked.
He added that Spielberg and Hanks have always been interested in making the minis that began in 2001 with Band of Brothers, a four-project catalog by exploring WWII through all four divisions of the armed forces including “if you could afford it, the Navy.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR