'Grey's Anatomy' Deleted Scene: Ben's Absence Explained (Exclusive Video)
The bonus scene will be featured on the season nine DVD set, due Aug. 27.
Why didn't Ben (Jason George) visit his new bride more during the ninth season of Grey's Anatomy?
Following Bailey (Chandra Wilson) and Ben's sweet wedding, the first-year resident at UCLA went from being a frequent visitor to MIA at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital.
In an exclusive bonus scene from Grey's Anatomy's season nine DVD set, Bailey helps fill in the blanks as to just where her missing husband was -- until his late-season return to pull his bride out of her funk.
In the clip, Bailey informs Ben of her "Bootie Call Bailey" nickname and blasts her new husband for "distracting" her from being a good doctor. "You are not coming back for a month. A whole month. And don't argue with me, it's not going to work," she says.
While that explains George's absence -- the actor was off filming ABC's Mistresses -- rest assured that the new couple kept in "touch" after Ben pushes for (and Bailey grants him) dirty phone calls.
Check out the clip, above. The ninth season of ABC's Grey's Anatomy bows Aug. 27 on DVD. Season 10 -- the last for co-star Sandra Oh -- premieres Sept. 26 at 9 p.m. As a bonus, check out the season nine blooper reel, below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR