'Grey's Anatomy' Adds 'True Blood' Actress for Season 9
Camilla Luddington will recur with a series option for next season as a young doctor on the ABC medical drama.
Grey's Anatomy has hired a new doc.
The ABC medical drama has tapped True Blood's Camilla Luddington for a recurring role for Season 9, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Luddington, best known for her portrayal of Kate Middleton in Lifetime's TV movie William & Kate, will play a young doctor with an option to return as a series regular in the potential 10th season.
In addition to playing the newest royal, Luddington's credits include a multiple-episode gig this season on HBO's True Blood as Claudette, and a seasonlong arc on Showtime's Californication.
She joins Friday Night Lights' Gaius Charles in the Shonda Rhimes series and helps fill the void left by the departures of co-stars Chyler Leigh (Lexie) and Kim Raver (Teddy), who were both written out in the shocking Season 8 finale.
Luddington is repped by Progressive Artists Agency, Main Title Entertainment and McKuin Frankel.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR