'Grey's Anatomy' Admits 'Friday Night Lights' Alum
Gaius Charles will recur on Season 9, joining the ABC medical drama after the exits of two cast members.
It's a touchdown for ABC's Grey's Anatomy.
The medical drama has enlisted former Friday Night Lights stud Gaius Charles, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Details about who Charles would play on the Shonda Rhimes medical drama are being kept under wraps, but he'll have a recurring role on the ninth season of ABC's top drama.
The actor is best known for portraying the egotistical but lovable Smash Williams on the NBC/DirecTV critical darling.
Charles' casting follows a heartbreaking Season 8 finale that saw two co-stars depart the series. Chyler Leigh's Lexie was killed off in the episode that saw Seattle Grace's best and brightest left stranded in the woods after a plane crash.
Kim Raver's Teddy was written out after Owen (Kevin McKidd) fired her, forcing the grieving doc to move on with her life after the death of her husband, Henry (Scott Foley).
Charles most recently guest starred on ABC's short-lived Pan Am. He's repped by Gersh and Principal Entertainment.
TV Line first reported the casting.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR