'Grey's Anatomy': 'True Blood,' 'Newsroom' Actress Checks In
Adina Porter will play a Boise doctor who treats the plane crash survivors and appear in the second episode of the season.
ABC's Grey's Anatomy has added another doctor to its ranks.
True Blood and Newsroom actress Adina Porter has booked a guest-starring role on the upcoming ninth season of the Shonda Rhimes medical drama, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Porter, who played Tara's mother on True Blood and a member of Will McAvoy's staff on Newsroom, will play Dr. Ramsey, a doctor at the Boise hospital who treats the survivors of the plane crash that has already claimed at least one life (RIP, Lexie). She'll appear in the second episode of the season, "Remember the Time," when the medical drama flashes back to return to the site of the plane crash.
Porter, who has also appeared on Rhimes' Private Practice, becomes the latest guest actor to score a doctor role on the long-running series. She joins Friday Night Lights' Gaius Charles, who will check in as a doc at Seattle Grace, as well as True Blood alum Camilla Luddington, among others.
Grey's Anatomy returns Thursday, Sept. 27 at 9 p.m. on ABC.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game