'Grey's Anatomy's' Chyler Leigh to Star in NBC Plane Crash Comedy
Unlike her role on the ABC medical drama, she'll star as a woman who survives a crash in the multicamera entry "Holding Patterns."
Chyler Leigh may not want to fly again anytime soon.
The former Grey's Anatomy actress has been tapped to star in NBC's plane crash comedy Holding Patterns, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The multicamera ensemble comedy from The Office's Justin Spitzer centers on a group of friends whose lives completely change after they survive a plane crash. Leigh will play Leah, an irresponsible and absent-minded slacker who lacks direction despite her brains and sarcastic wit. She's always been good at anything she tried and rather than attempt to become great has moved from one dead-end job to the next. She shares the ground floor of a Minneapolis duplex with her two best friends, Griffin and Sabrina.
Spitzer will pen the Universal Television comedy and executive produce alongside Peter Traugott and Rachel Kaplan.
For Leigh, the casting comes nearly a year after her Grey's Anatomy character, Lexie, was killed off in a plane crash on the ABC medical drama.
Repped by UTA, Burstein Co. and Stone Meyer, Leigh's credits include The Practice, Girls Club and That '80s Show.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR