NBC's 'Grimm' Premiere: What the Viewers Are Saying
"I'm totally hooked," opines one of the fairy-tale-themed procedural, while another claims it is "by the numbers."
Viewers got their first look at NBC's new fairy-tale-themed procedural Grimm on Friday night.
The show centers on a Portland homicide detective named Nick (David Giuntoli), who is leading a normal life with his fiancee, Juliette (Bitsie Tulloch), and his partner, Hank (Russell Hornsby). Then one day, he starts seeing bizarre things -- like a businesswoman glance at him and flash momentarily into a zombie, a perp flash into some kind of serpent and a guy out getting his mail flash into a werewolf.
It turns out that the monsters from the Grimm fairy tales really do exist, and Nick, who turns out to be a descendant of the Grimm family line, inherits the ability to find and fight off the creatures.
So what did viewers think of the pilot episode, which got off to a good start in the ratings despite airing opposite Game 7 of the World Series? Many of them hit Twitter to share their opinions, where they also compared it to another new fairy-tale-themed drama, ABC's Once Upon a Time.
Among their reactions:
Grimm was awesome, I'm totally hooked. I could just imagine the wintery dinnertime tales in dad's house... too cool!
Jeannie Fay Fultz
"GRIMM" mild SPOILER ALERT! ....LOVED how it started off w/ EURYTHMICS "SWEET DREAMS" and ended w/ MARLIYN MANSON version #BRILLIANT
It was amazing!
<3 grimm already
#Grimm I'm intrigued .. watch next week.
Save It SaveIt! But im sure you will cancel like you did with HEROES and The BIONIC WOMAN.
Fairytales are fun: liked the pilots for Once Upon a Time and Grimm. Could definitely see the Buffy connection in Grimm. :)
Grimm started with a Eurythmics song...I already like this better than Once Upon A Time.
Anyone else watch GRIMM on @NBC last night? Looks like it has some great potential! So cool! #grimm
Grimm on @nbc is really really weird but I love it
It's quite different... #OUAT seems to be more like a family show whereas #Grimm has much more crime and is dark and mysterious imho
Man, GRIMM is by the numbers.
Kris The Sith
As a fan for fantasy horror, the first episode didn't appeal to me at all, it wasn't interesting
Peter S. Hall
How pissed do you think the makers of GRIMM are at the Cardinals right now?
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche