NBC Orders Additional Scripts for 'Grimm'
The rookie fairy tale procedural launched strong, but has since dropped off in the ratings.
A handful of additional scripts have been ordered for NBC's rookie Friday drama Grimm.
After launching strong in a competitive genre-laden time slot, the fairy tale procedural has since dropped off in the ratings, but the hourlong has managed to top the 9 p.m. hour in the advertiser-coveted demo for most weeks. For its most recent episode, Grimm averaged 5.2 million viewers and a 1.6 rating in adults 18-49.
David Giuntoli, Bitsie Tulloch, Silas Weir Mitchell, Sasha Roiz and Russell Hornsby co-star. Grimm centers on Portland detective Nick Burkhardt (Giuntoli), who discovers he is a descendant from a line of criminal profiles known as Grimms, responsible for keeping the balance between humanity and the mythological creatures.
The news comes days after NBC set its midseason schedule, which saw third-year comedy Community benched and the struggling Prime Suspect reboot -- which had received an order for six additional scripts in October -- dropped. On Tuesday, it was revealed that NBC will shut down production on Prime Suspect following its 13th episode.
Grimm, however, will continue in its current home.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR