NBC's 'Guys With Kids' Gets Limited Back Order
Meanwhile, CBS has upped the episode count for "Elementary," and reduced "Vegas" by an hour.
NBC has given a limited full-season order to rookie comedy Guys With Kids, while CBS has shuffled the orders for freshman dramas Elementary and Vegas.
The comedy from executive producer Jimmy Fallon has been picked up for four additional episodes a few weeks after the network ordered five extra scripts for the Jesse Bradford, Anthony Anderson and Zach Cregger starrer, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Guys With Kids has been a modest performer on Wednesdays at 8:30, growing from its weak Animal Practice lead-in and remaining steady with new 8 p.m. entry Whitney. This week's episode held steady with 3.8 million total viewers and a 1.3 in the coveted adults 18-49 demo. The order brings the series to 17 half-hours.
At CBS, meanwhile, the network has made its annual episodic order adjustments based on scheduling needs, picking up two extra episodes of freshman Sherlock Holmes drama Elementary, while cutting an hour from its period Western Vegas.
Both series have already been picked up for full seasons, with Vegas now set for 21 episodes and Elementary -- set for the prime post-Super Bowl time slot in February -- growing to 24.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR