Gwyneth Paltrow Joins 'Glee's' Two-Part 100th Episode as Sue Ends New Directions (Exclusive)
Several original cast members will return to say farewell to Matthew Morrison's Will Schuester, with sources telling THR that the Fox musical will then do several consecutive episodes set in New York.
Glee's landmark 100th episode is poised to double in size as New Directions faces some world-shattering news.
Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Gwyneth Paltrow is in talks to reprise her Emmy-winning guest role as substitute teacher extraordinaire Holly Holliday in the 100th episode, which has been expanded to a two-part event airing March 18 and 25.
The 100th episode will center on Jane Lynch's principal Sue Sylvester, who after years of disdain for the New Directions and Matthew Morrison's Will Schuester, finally succeeds in ending the glee club in Lima. Many original cast members -- Heather Morris (Brittany), Harry Shum Jr. (Mike), Mark Salling (Puck), Dancing With the Stars winner Amber Riley (Mercedes), Dianna Agron (Quinn) and Kristin Chenoweth (April), the latter of whom won an Emmy for her guest turn -- will return to say their final goodbyes to Will and each other in an episode that is said to be very moving. (Morrison is not exiting the series.)
The Fox musical will then do several consecutive episodes set in New York City, centering on Rachel (Lea Michele), Blaine (Darren Criss), Kurt (Chris Colfer), Sam (Chord Overstreet) and Mercedes (Amber Riley) and potentially other co-stars.
Sources tell THR that executive producers, including Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan, are still crafting the rest of season five and it's unclear what will happen to New Directions' current roster.
The 100th episode will still feature at least 10 new remixes of Glee's greatest hits as voted on by the fans who participated in the Fox contest.
The news comes as producers continue to reshape the series following the death of leading man Cory Monteith, whose Finn Hudson was poised to wind up romantically paired with Rachel.
Fox has already renewed Glee for a sixth season, which will likely be its last.
Glee returns to its new time slot on Tuesdays starting Feb. 25.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack