'Gypsy Sisters' Gets Zombie Treatment in New Promo (Exclusive Video)
The reality series premieres Sunday against AMC’s "The Walking Dead."
TLC is hoping to scare up some ratings Sunday when it premieres new series Gypsy Sisters opposite AMC’s The Walking Dead. To underline that point, the cable network has released a new promo, exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, which showcases the reality show’s surprising zombie sensibilities.
First, women are seen partying in an RV, when without warning Mellie begins biting as though she is hungry for human flesh. Then a series of creepy black-and-white clips show more biting, partying and fighting until it’s revealed that Mellie’s ex-convict mother, Lottie Mae, is out of prison and back in the mix.
“This child might have went bad, but mama’s home,” Lottie Mae says, rather ominously.
Gypsy Sisters, a six-episode spin-off of My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding, centers on four women of the colorful Stanley family. Sisters Nettie and Mellie, cousin Kayla and Kayla’s sister-in-law Laura deal with relationships, gossip and in-fighting while living in Martinsburg, West Virginia.
Mellie calls herself the black sheep of the family because of her job as a stripper, as well as her enthusiasm for drinking, cursing and fighting. As hinted at in the clip, Lottie Mae’s return to Mellie’s life will play a crucial role in the season's story arc.
Gypsy Sisters airs Sundays at 9 p.m. ET on TLC. Its premiere will be two hours long.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR