Hallmark Channel Debuts Rebranding, New Logo (Exclusive)
The cable network will add a new tagline and use "emotional sparks" to highlight its push beyond original movies.
Hallmark Channel is investing big in its emotional heart.
The Crown Media-owned network is refreshing its look and adding a new tagline to best reflect its evolving faces as it grows beyond the movie of the week genre for which it has become known.
The network starting Oct. 1 will bow a refreshed tagline that captures the emotional resonance of its past, present and future: "The Heart of TV."
To create the phrase, executive vp marketing and creative services Susanne McAvoy said Hallmark spent 18 months studying what the network does best, settling on the programming that offered a big emotional hook, ranging from excitement, mystery, suspense and romance.
"We really feel like it sums up what we've done all these years and where we're going; it's simple, intuitive," she says. "It's been right there all along."
As part of the rebranding of sorts, Hallmark will continue to keep its 100-plus-year-old signature crown, updating it with the tagline and a colorful palate to promote efforts including its upcoming Marie Osmond daytime talker to upcoming primetime scripted entries including its first scripted series, Cedar Cove starring Andie MacDowell.
In addition, syndicated efforts including I Love Lucy will also be part of the rebranding, with a campaign featuring what McAvoy dubs "emotional sparks" like "determined" and "sunny" on ads for the series.
The tagline comes about two years after Hallmark launched "Celebrate Life's Moments," which has been used intermittently on the network.
"We looked at where we were going with daytime and primetime series ... and we wanted to communicate what we've done best," McAvoy says. "For us it's all about emotion, where we've been and where we're going."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)