Hamish Linklater Joins CBS' Sarah Michelle Gellar-Robin Williams Comedy
He'll play a member of the advertising agency at the center of "The Crazy Ones."
CBS has cast another member of the advertising firm at the center of its buzzy comedy pilot The Crazy Ones.
The New Adventures of Old Christine's Hamish Linklater has joined the cast of the network's Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar comedy, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The single-camera entry revolves around the dynamics between a father named Simon Roberts (Good Will Hunting Oscar winner Williams) and his daughter, Sydney (Buffy's Gellar), and is set in the world of advertising.
Linklater will play Andrew Kennedy, a neurotic and self-deprecating art director at the ad agency at the center of the potential series. He's an aspiring screenwriter and comic book writer and happens to be in love with Sydney.
Boston Legal's David E. Kelley will pen the 20th Television pilot and executive produce alongside Dean Lorey, Bill D'Elia, John Montgomery and Mark Teitelbaum. Jason Winer (Modern Family, 1600 Penn) will direct the pilot.
Political Animals alum James Wolk also co-stars as Zach Cropper, a copywriter at the agency.
Repped by ICM Partners, Framework Entertainment and McKuin Frankel, Linklater played Matthew for five seasons on the network's Julia Louis-Dreyfus comedy Christine. His credits also include arcs on The Big C, The Good Wife and The Newsroom.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR