'Hannibal': Go Inside the Brain of Hannibal Lecter (Exclusive Video)
In an exclusive behind the scenes video, showrunner Bryan Fuller reveals the meaning behind "Eat the Rude" and who his food consultant is.
"If you're a pig, you deserve to be his bacon."
That's Hannibal showrunner Bryan Fuller's logic behind Hannibal Lecter's (Mads Mikkelsen) cannibalism.
In an exclusive behind-the-scenes featurette for NBC's new Thursday night drama, the cast and creator go inside the show's "Eat the Rude" motto, with the creator noting that the cannibal from Thomas Harris' novels acts as a champion of polite society -- and "is a really fun way to say, 'Behave yourself.'"
In addition, Fuller reveals he based the iconic character's love of food on renowned chef Jose Andres, who serves as the show's food consultant.
"Food is there to send hidden messages to the viewers to who Hannibal is," Andres says of the beautifully disgusting meals featured on the prequel story.
Check out the clip, exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, below and the 42-second mark to see Will's (Hugh Dancy) response to realizing just what the show's mysterious serial killer is doing to his victims.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR