'Happy Endings' Lures Fred Savage to Direct and Appear on Season 2
The "Wonders Years" star is set to helm a second episode on the ABC series and throws in a cameo appearance.
Winnie Cooper, eat your heart out. Happy Endings is fully crushing on The Wonder Years star Fred Savage on Season 2.
A spokesperson from Sony Pictures Television, the studio behind the ABC show, confirms that Savage will not only return to direct his second episode of the series, but he’s also appearing in a cameo as himself, as first reported by EW.
The scene is pretty hush hush according to our contact, but involves a bit in which Savage and Alex (Elisha Cuthbert) narrate The Princess Bride and involves a bad date. That’s all we've got, but we’re told it’s going to be hilarious.
While most fans fell for Savage as the awkward Kevin Arnold on The Wonder Years, which aired on ABC from 1988 to 1993, the actor has been directing for several years now. His directing credits include another episode of Happy Endings, Modern Family, Party Down, and It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. He currently voices Noah on the animated series, Generator Rex, on Cartoon Network.
Season 2 of Happy Endings premieres Sept. 28.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR