'Happy Endings' Books Megan Mullally's Return, Adds Michael McKean as Guest Star
Before the actress heads to Fox's "Breaking In," she'll reprise her role as Penny's mom early next year on the ABC comedy.
Megan Mullally is set to reprise her guest starring role as Penny's (Casey Wilson) mother on Happy Endings.
An ABC rep confirms to THR that Mullally will be back on the sophomore comedy early in 2012, with the episode in question shooting next week.|
As first reported by TVLine, the return also marks the introduction of This is Spinal Tap star Michael McKean as another parent to one of the series' characters. McKean will play Dave's (Zach Knighton) father, who comes to town with news that he's dating Mullally's character.
Happy Endings EPs David Caspe and Jonathan Groff told THR earlier in November that they had plans to bring Mullally back after her well-received turn earlier in the season.
"We loved having her," said Groff. "She's such a shot in the arm. And I honestly think having her in the third episode of the season was so lucky for us. If you were to look at the road map of how we got to the back 9, she's a part of it. We're trying to figure it out before she gets too busy."
And Mullally's schedule is getting busy. She was recently tapped as a new series regular on Fox's Breaking In.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR