'Happy Endings' Preview: Witness the Death of Alex's Racist Parrot (Exclusive Video)
The ABC comedy, airing its first of several Sunday episodes this weekend, kills off one of its least beloved characters.
Tyler the racist parrot has chirped his last "white power."
Happy Endings returns from its brief holiday hiatus Sunday -- that's right, Sunday -- and the first episode back finds Penny (Casey Wilson) and Brad (Damon Wayans Jr.) accidentally dispatching Alex's (Elisha Cuthbert) not-so-cherished pet with glue fumes. Tyler, for anyone who doesn't remember, was adopted on Craigslist from someone who brainwashed him with racist and homophobic catchphrases.
The Hollywood Reporter has an exclusive look at the new episode, and it appears Penny handles the pressure of the cover-up much better than Brad.
Happy Endings, as well as Don't Trust the B---- in Apt. 23, is doubling up on ABC for much of January. In addition to airing in the regular 9 p.m. Tuesday slot, the network is airing additional originals on 10 p.m. Sundays on Jan. 6, 13 and 20. All but one of those episodes looks to be parrot-free.
Watch the clip above.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram