'Happy Endings' Sets New Season-Finale Date
Pre-empted for coverage of the Boston bombing suspect manhunt, the ABC comedy will air back-to-back originals May 3.
Happy Endings is moving again -- but just by a week.
The ABC comedy, one of several broadcast series to be pre-empted by last week's coverage of the Boston Marathon bombing, will see its previously scheduled April 19 episodes air this Friday.
Also impacted by the pre-emption are the third season's final two offerings. Those episodes, "Deuce Babylove 2: Electric Babydeuce" and "Brothas and Sisters," will air May 3 at 8 p.m.
ABC moved Happy Endings to Fridays in March after pulling it from the Tuesday lineup in January. Its ratings performance in the time slot has fluctuated, with either of the back-to-back episodes pulling as low as a 0.6 rating among adults 18-49 and as high as a 1.1 rating in the demographic.
Despite the soft performance, Happy Endings remains in contention for an ABC pickup -- though producers at Sony Pictures TV have reached out to multiple cable networks about possibly picking up the series should it be canceled.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR