'Harry Potter's' Daniel Radcliffe to Larry King: 'It Doesn't Matter Who Would've Got This Part'
In a CNN special, the actor explains how he has remained grounded.
As fans are looking forward to the last installment of the Harry Potter franchise to hit theatres on July 15, Larry King sits down with the film’s stars for a one-hour special airing July 10 at 8 p.m. on CNN.
On the special, Daniel Radcliffe (who plays the titular character) tells King how he has been able to keep his ego under control with the film’s success and the fan adoration.
“I think the most important thing for me to remember is that it doesn’t matter who would have got this part,” Radcliffe says. “They would be receiving this kind of attention and… when you step out of the car at a premiere and you get hit by that wall of noise and screaming… it’s very important for me to remember that they would be screaming for somebody else had he got the part.”
“It’s not about me,” he continues. “It’s about the franchise and the character. And so that I kind of have to think about [that] a lot to help just keep it in perspective and stop myself [from] gettin’ bigheaded.”
King’s guests also include Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Tom Felton, Helena Bonham Carter and Robbie Coltrane.
Radcliffe, who is currently starring in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying on Broadway, has recently admitted in an interview that he also suffered from a drinking problem during filming the series and quit while shooting the franchise’s last installment.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack