'Hart of Dixie' Recruits 'Dexter' Actor for Season 3 (Exclusive)
Josh Cooke will drop by Bluebell as a new recurring character in the upcoming season.
Hart of Dixie is dipping into the Dexter casting well.
The CW medical drama led by Rachel Bilson has recruited Josh Cooke, who recurred on the Showtime series as Louis Greene, for season three, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Cooke will recur as Joel, a New Yorker who finds himself a fish out of water in Bluebell. His first appearance will be in the season premiere.
Hart of Dixie ended season two with Dr. Zoe Hart (Bilson) on her way to New York City to attend a friend's wedding after deciding to put things with Wade (Wilson Bethel) on the back burner and remaining indecisive over George (Scott Porter). Lemon's cousin, Jonah (Travis Van Winkle), was seen offering to escort Zoe to the wedding.
Cooke, repped by Gersh and Untitled Entertainment, starred in ABC's Better With You and executive produced the Crackle series Issues. He appears next in 2014's A Bet's a Bet with Kristin Chenoweth.
Hart of Dixie returns Oct. 7 at 8 p.m. on The CW.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR