'Hart of Dixie' Enlists 'Girlfriends' Alum as Pal for Zoe (Exclusive)
Golden Brooks will join the CW's sophomore Rachel Bilson drama in a recurring Season 2 role.
Dr. Zoe Hart is getting a new pal.
Girlfriends alum Golden Brooks has taken up with the CW's returning drama Hart of Dixie for a recurring role in its upcoming second season, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Brooks, who played Maya Denise Wilkes on all eight seasons of UPN/CW's Girlfriends from 2000-08, will play Ruby Jeffries, a successful woman with acerbic wit who returns to BlueBell and makes quick friends with Rachel Bilson's Zoe. However, upon her return home, Ruby will encounter some unresolved issues with her fellow townspeople -- including Lemon (Jaime King) and Lavon (Cress Williams).
Brooks' credits include episodes of The Exes, CSI: Miami, Eve and Star Trek: Enterprise. She's repped by Buchwald/Fortitude, BenderSpink and Jackway Tyerman.
The CW renewed the series, from Josh Schwartz, Stephanie Savage and Leila Gerstein, in May, giving Fake Empire an impressive four series on the air next season -- joining Gossip Girl, freshman Cult and midseason entry The Carrie Diaries.
Hart of Dixie premieres Tuesday, Oct. 2 at 8 p.m. on the CW.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR