'Hart of Dixie' Taps 'Night Court' Funnyman for Recurring Gig (Exclusive)
Charlie Robinson will recur on the second year CW drama as Ruby's surly grandfather.
Dr. Zoe Hart's newest gal pal isn't returning to BlueBell alone.
When Ruby Jeffries (played by Girlfriends alum Golden Brooks) comes back to town, she'll be bringing her surly grandfather with her in the form of Night Court funnyman Charlie Robinson, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The veteran actor, whose credits include everything from St. Elsewhere to The Secret Life of the American Teenager,has booked a recurring role as Sgt. Jeffries.
Brooks was cast earlier this month as Ruby, a successful woman with acerbic wit who returns to BlueBell and makes quick friends with Rachel Bilson's Zoe. However, upon her return home, Ruby will encounter some unresolved issues with her fellow townspeople -- including Lemon (Jaime King) and Lavon (Cress Williams).
Robinson is repped by Stone Manners Salners Agency and Tufeld Entertainment Group. He co-starred on Night Court as Mac from 1984-1992.
Hart of Dixie premieres Tuesday, Oct. 2 at 8 p.m. on the CW.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR