'Hawaii Five-0's' Alex O'Loughlin Takes Hiatus for Prescription Pain Medication Treatment
UPDATED: A rep for the actor confirms to THR that the star is taking a leave from the CBS police procedural.
Alex O’Loughlin will take a hiatus from production on CBS’ Hawaii Five-0, The Hollywood Reporter confirms.
“Alex is taking a short break from Hawaii Five-0 to receive supervised treatment for prescription pain medication due to a recent shoulder injury,” the actor’s rep tells THR.
"We respect and support Alex’s decision," CBS Television Studios tells THR in a statement. "Everyone at CBS Television Studios and Hawaii Five-0 wishes him well and we look forward to his return."
In an interview with Men's Fitness Magazine, O’Loughlin said he had injured his shoulder before while shooting Season 1 of the CBS series.
O’Loughlin plays Lieutenant Commander Steve McGarrett on the CBS police procedural. His TV credits also include the short-lived Three Rivers and the vampire drama Moonlight – both for CBS.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR