HBO Offers 'Newsroom' Pilot Online
Showtime also previews the Season 2 premiere of "Episodes" early with "Weeds" bonus.
HBO is offering nonsubscribers a chance to preview Aaron Sorkin's new drama The Newsroom.
The premium cable network on Monday announced that the first episode of theJeff Daniels starrer is now available on HBO.com, YouTube and other free on-demand platforms. The episode will run through July 23 and also be available as a free podcast on iTunes. Newsroom premiered Sunday.
In addition, Showtime is streaming the Season 2 premiere of its Matt LeBlanc comedy Episodes a week before its July 1 premiere. Viewers who stream the half-hour on Facebook or across participating distributors' brand pages will also unlock the first episode of Weeds' eighth and final season, revealing just who shot Nancy Botwin (Mary-Louise Parker).
Episodes, like Newsroom, is available on YouTube, iTunes, free on-demand services as well as on Showtime smart phone and tablet applications. The second installment of Episodes will also be available via Showtime on Demand and Showtime Anytime on Sunday following its sophomore season premiere.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR