HBO Orders Mike Judge Comedy to Series
The untitled Silicon Valley entry joins the premium cable network's recently added Jonathan Groff vehicle.
HBO continues to invest in comedy, handing out a series order to an untitled half-hour from Mike Judge.
The untitled comedy is set in the high-tech gold rush of modern Silicon Valley, where the people most qualified to succeed are the least capable of handling success.
T.J. Miller, Thomas Middleditch, Josh Brener, Lindsey Broad, Christopher Evan Welch, Amanda Crew, Angela Trimbur, Zach Woods and Kumail Nanjiani star in the comedy from King of the Hill's Judge, John Altschuler and Dave Krinsky. Scott Rudin and Michael Rotenberg also executive produce.
The Judge entry marks the second comedy series order handed out this week at HBO, joining the untitled gay-themed comedy starring Jonathan Groff as the premium cabler looks to add to its lineup that includes Girls and Veep. The recent additions also join Getting On (six episodes from the creators of Big Love) and Stephen Merchant's Hello Ladies (eight episodes) as well as Christopher Guest entry Family Tree, which bowed this month to lackluster returns.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)