HBO Sets 'Girls' Season 2 Premiere Date
The January return will pair Lena Dunham's freshman hit with "Enlightened."
Girls is coming back.
Following a tweet from creator and star Lena Dunham, HBO confirms that its Emmy-nominated comedy is back on the air starting Jan. 13.
The news comes several months after first announcing the early return. Girls' freshman season enjoyed a spring run, opening to 872,000 viewers in April and finishing with 1 million in June.
Joining Girls on Sundays is the sophomore season of Laura Dern's slightly delayed Enlightened. The series bowed last October, on a Monday, to 210,000 viewers before going on to win Dern a Golden Glove earlier this year.
Airing back-to-back at 9 p.m., an hour traditionally reserved for dramas on the network, both seasons of Girls and Enlightened include 10 episodes.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!