HBO's 'Boardwalk Empire' Returns Down
The Steve Buscemi drama delivered 2.9 million viewers in its premiere telecast on Sunday.
Boardwalk Empire returned to television this past Sunday, opening its second season down 8 percent from last season's average of 3.2 million.
Against Sunday night football, several broadcast premieres and baseball, HBO's Boardwalk Empire premiere delivered 2.9 million to its initial 9 p.m. telecast. To compare, Empire closed out its season to 3.3 million viewers last year. Empire launched last September to 4.8 million, HBO's largest audience for a series premiere in six years.
Including encores at 10 and 11 p.m., the Steve Buscemi-led Prohibition-era drama added 971,000 and 623,000 more viewers, respectively, to 4.5 million on Sunday.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR