HBO's 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Outperforms Premiere, TNT's 'Rizzoli & Isles' Steady in Ratings
On Sunday, the fourth episode of "True Blood" continued to deliver.
In its second week on the air, HBO's Curb Your Enthusiasm just keeps going up.
For the second episode of the eighth season, the Larry David comedy improved from its opener last week, becoming the most-watched episode of the series in more than seven years. About 1.9 million viewers tuned in to the 10 p.m. telecast, up 12 percent from last week's premiere, and an additional 556,000 tuned in to the encore telecast at midnight. Cumulatively, Curb Your Enthusiasm lured a total of 2.5 million viewers, up 17 percent to last week.
HBO continued to deliver with another strong outing for summer favorite True Blood, which drew 5.1 million at 9 p.m. and an additional 1.1 million at 11 p.m.
Meanwhile, TNT's The Closer opened with 6.5 million viewers, according to fast national data from Nielsen. Rizzoli & Isles was steady compared to its premiere last week, averaging 6.4 million. Rizzoli & Isles also held in its adult demos (18-49: 1.6 million, up 1 percent; 25-54: 2.2 million, up 2 percent).
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws