HBO's 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Outperforms Premiere, TNT's 'Rizzoli & Isles' Steady in Ratings
On Sunday, the fourth episode of "True Blood" continued to deliver.
In its second week on the air, HBO's Curb Your Enthusiasm just keeps going up.
For the second episode of the eighth season, the Larry David comedy improved from its opener last week, becoming the most-watched episode of the series in more than seven years. About 1.9 million viewers tuned in to the 10 p.m. telecast, up 12 percent from last week's premiere, and an additional 556,000 tuned in to the encore telecast at midnight. Cumulatively, Curb Your Enthusiasm lured a total of 2.5 million viewers, up 17 percent to last week.
HBO continued to deliver with another strong outing for summer favorite True Blood, which drew 5.1 million at 9 p.m. and an additional 1.1 million at 11 p.m.
Meanwhile, TNT's The Closer opened with 6.5 million viewers, according to fast national data from Nielsen. Rizzoli & Isles was steady compared to its premiere last week, averaging 6.4 million. Rizzoli & Isles also held in its adult demos (18-49: 1.6 million, up 1 percent; 25-54: 2.2 million, up 2 percent).
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)