HBO's 'Eastbound & Down' Could Continue Past Season 3
Is Eastbound & Down really ending after Season 3? Not so fast.
"We’ve always imagined this thing as something that we would keep short and not give it a chance to get old," executive producer and star Danny McBride said to the audience at PaleyFest on Thursday night after revealing that the new season was most likely its last.
So where does that leave HBO?
Despite what was said by McBride and fellow executive producer Jody Hill, the series could very much go on past the show’s upcoming third season.
There is interest from HBO to continue the half-hour comedy -- as long as McBride and Hill have more to say.
The comedy has not been a breakout hit for the network in the vein of Boardwalk Empire, True Blood or Entourage, drawing 1.35 million viewers for its second season finale in November. The series did, however, regularly outperform HBO’s Bored to Death in the ratings.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR