HBO's 'Mildred Pierce' Premiere Draws 1.3 Million Viewers
The five-part miniseries starring Kate Winslet, Guy Pearce and Evan Rachel Wood debuted Sunday night.
HBO's Kate Winslet miniseries Mildred Pierce drew 1.3 million total viewers in its premiere Sunday night.
The pay network said that was on par with its expectations for the five-part mini.
HBO also added that Part 2 of the mini, which aired at 10 p.m., retained 94 percent of the audience from Part 1 and that 63 percent of viewers were female.
Compared with other recent HBO miniseries debuts, Mildred Pierce didn't fare as well as last year's The Pacific (3.1 million) or 2008's John Adams (1.8 million) but outperformed 2008's Generation Kill (1 million) and that same year's House of Saddam (900,000).
Part 3 of the mini, which also stars Guy Pearce, Evan Rachel Wood, Melissa Leo and Brian O'Byrne, airs Sunday. The final two installments air April 10.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR