HBO's 'Mildred Pierce' Premiere Draws 1.3 Million Viewers
The five-part miniseries starring Kate Winslet, Guy Pearce and Evan Rachel Wood debuted Sunday night.
HBO's Kate Winslet miniseries Mildred Pierce drew 1.3 million total viewers in its premiere Sunday night.
The pay network said that was on par with its expectations for the five-part mini.
HBO also added that Part 2 of the mini, which aired at 10 p.m., retained 94 percent of the audience from Part 1 and that 63 percent of viewers were female.
Compared with other recent HBO miniseries debuts, Mildred Pierce didn't fare as well as last year's The Pacific (3.1 million) or 2008's John Adams (1.8 million) but outperformed 2008's Generation Kill (1 million) and that same year's House of Saddam (900,000).
Part 3 of the mini, which also stars Guy Pearce, Evan Rachel Wood, Melissa Leo and Brian O'Byrne, airs Sunday. The final two installments air April 10.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)