Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt: We're Broke and Full of Regret
"Everything we were doing, in retrospect, was a mistake," the former famed MTV reality TV couple admits.
Former reality television stars Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt say there is such a thing as being too famous.
Five years after hitting paydirt on MTV's popular series The Hills, the couple says they're broke, disillusioned with reality TV and for Montag, over plastic surgeries.
Montag told the Daily Beast, "Obviously I wish I didn't do it. I would go back and not have any surgery. It doesn't help. I got too caught up in Hollywood, being so into myself and my image."
The Hollywood vortex sucked them up good, according to their accounts. They blew through money for Montag's music career and to look the part of Tinseltown stars. Pratt says he "probably spent a million dollars on suits and fancy clothes. My million-dollar wardrobe -- I would never wear that again. They're props."
They now refer to themselves as "broke" and are living in a beach house in Santa Barbara because Pratt's parents don't charge them rent.
As for the reality TV game, Pratt is particularly discontent about making up a "fake" life for the cameras and seeking fame: "We were living each other’s mistakes -- everything we were doing, in retrospect, was a mistake. The second we continued on our quest for fame was a mistake.
"This isn’t a business. That was the big thing I didn’t get: Reality TV is not a career. Anyone who says, ‘Oh, you can have a career in reality’—that is a lie.”
Another sore spot? Being asked to hit your own sibling. Pratt alleges that a Hills producer tried to coax him into pressuring his sister and cast mate Stephanie to "hit rock bottom." He claims a producer specifically told him to hit Stephanie to generate buzz similar to when Snooki was punched in a bar on Jersey Shore.
Pratt said, "That's when I snapped. To the point when I said -- and this is when producers got scared of me -- 'You want me to punch my sister in the face? Are you trying to get me to kill you?' I didn't say, 'I'm killing you,' If I did, MTV would have had me arrested."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'