'Helix': Find Out Where the Killer Virus Came From (Exclusive Video)
In a clip from the fourth episode of the new Syfy drama, Dr. Boyle finds out the shocking truth about the origins of the mystery virus.
Where did the mysterious and killer virus on Syfy's freshman drama Helix come from?
In an exclusive clip from the fourth episode of the series from Ron Moore and Steven Maeda, Catherine Lemieux's Dr. Doreen Boyle makes a shocking discovery -- learning that the question isn't where the virus came from, but who created it.
During Friday's episode, titled "Single Strand," the origin of the virus is revealed -- as is a secret from Dr. Julia Walker's (Kyra Zagorsky) past in an hour that also includes a stellar vector chase, mysterious masked hero, a shattered arm bone and deadly consequences after Alan (Billy Campbell) and his team of secret-keepers.
"One of the things we really played with is this notion that we have to keep this thing contained, and we have to solve it or figure it out or at least keep it in this [Arctic] place because if it gets out, it's going to be a calamity," Maeda said earlier this month. "It's an invisible villain, and outbreak and epidemic stories tend to either bring out the best or the worst in people -- and sometimes both -- because people get so terrified that they don't know how to deal with the situation."
Check out the clip, exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, above. Helix airs Fridays at 10 p.m. on Syfy.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR