'Hell on Wheels' Closes Season on Up Note, 'Being Human' Down
3:24 PM PST 1/17/2012 by Philiana Ng
Discovery Channel's "Gold Rush" and "Flying Wild Alaska" hit ratings highs on Friday; Disney Channel's "Frenemies" draws 4.2 million.
The winter television season is in full swing.
Here are how some of the cable network offerings fared in the ratings, including the season closer of AMC's Hell on Wheels, in the past several days:
- The season finale of AMC's Hell on Wheels rose to 2.8 million total viewers at 10 p.m. on Sunday. Combined with the 11 p.m. encore, Wheels drew 3.8 million. Though the series, led by Anson Mount, debuted to more than 4 million following a strong Walking Dead lead-in, the hourlong drama saw an uptick in viewership in the middle of the season. Wheels finishes its first season run as the cable net's second highest-rated show behind Walking Dead. AMC ordered a second season back in December.
- Being Human launched season 2 on Syfy to the tune of 1.8 million viewers at 9 p.m. on Monday, that's down nearly 200,000 from the series debut last year. Among adults 18-49, however, Human improved 8 percent.
- Lost Girl premiered on Syfy following Being Human to 1.5 million viewers at 10 p.m., improving double digits in all categories from the premiere of Merlin in April 2010.
- Discovery Channel's Gold Rush (5.5 million viewers) and Flying Wild Alaska (2.4 million) hit franchise highs among adults 18-49 on adults 25-54, respectively.
- Disney Channel's original telepic Frenemies, starring Shake It Up's Bella Thorne and Zendaya, lured 4.2 million viewers Friday evening from 8-9:40 p.m. That's well below the cable net's Good Luck Charlie: It's Christmas TV film that aired in early December, which drew 6.9 million.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)