'HIMYM' EP Re-Ups With 20th TV, Will Join 'Modern Family'
Under a new two-year deal, Stephen Lloyd will remain on the CBS comedy for its final season and head to the ABC Emmy darling the following year to work alongside his brother, co-creator/co-showrunner Chris Lloyd.
20th Television is keeping Stephen Lloyd in house.
The How I Met Your Mother executive producer has inked a new two-year overall deal to remain with the studio, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Under the deal, Lloyd will continue his work as an EP on the upcoming ninth and final season of HIMYM and segue to join Emmy darling Modern Family for its likely sixth season. He'll work alongside his brother, Modern Family co-creator and co-showrunner Chris Lloyd, at the 20th-produced ABC comedy that frequently uses material from producers' personal lives as inspiration for the series.
"Stephen has been on How I Met Your Mother from almost the beginning, and his contribution there has been enormous. [HIMYM showrunners] Carter [Bays] and Craig [Thomas] rely on him tremendously, and we couldn't imagine not having him on the show for its pivotal final season," 20th Television chairman Gary Newman said. "It also speaks to how much we value Stephen that he'll go straight from there to our incredibly important Modern Family the following year. He's a hugely versatile writer who delivers both laugh out loud comedy and enormous heart, and every showrunner wants him on their team. We also know he has a hit show of his own in him and this ensures that it will be for us."
The deal continues Lloyd's relationship with the studio. He previously had a pact with 20th before joining HIMYM in 2005 and has been under a two-year deal with the producer behind the CBS staple for the past two years.
Lloyd shared in HIMYM's 2009 outstanding comedy series Emmy nomination and has been with the series since 2006. Before that, he was a co-EP on NBC's Just Shoot Me and a writer on Fox's Greg the Bunny.
He's repped by UTA.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack