History Sets Scripted Series 'Vikings' Debut, Unveils Promo (Video)
Gabriel Byrne and Travis Fimmel lead the ensemble cast of the cable network's latest scripted effort, launching in March.
Following the blockbuster success of its miniseries Hatfields & McCoys, History is hoping to score again with the scripted drama Vikings.
Created by Michael Hirst and starring Gabriel Byrne, Travis Fimmel and Jessalyn Gilsig, the nine-part series will kick off at 10 p.m. Sunday, March 3. History also has unveiled the first 30-second trailer for Vikings -- with the declaration that "A storm is coming" -- offering viewers a glimpse of the tense, bloody, rough-and-tumble action.
Vikings centers on the world of the Dark Age raiders, traders and explorers -- not from an outsider's view but through the eyes of the Viking society. The drama follows the adventures of Ragnar Lothbrok (Fimmel), a curious, compelling man always looking to break through barriers and discover new worlds to conquer who is deeply frustrated by the unadventurous policies of local chieftain Earl Haraldson (Byrne).
Gustaf Skarsgard, Katheryn Winnick, George Blagden and Clive Standen co-star in the network's latest scripted effort.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR