'Hoarding: Buried Alive' Sneak Peek: Man's Compulsion Puts Mother's Life in Danger (Exclusive Video)
Compulsive hoarder Dave -- a 65-year-old who dreams of becoming a rock star and owns 15 guitars -- gets into a heated argument with his sister in this exclusive clip.
Tempers flare in Wednesday's Hoarding: Buried Alive, when a compulsive hoarder's sister tells him he needs a "reality check."
The episode centers on Dave, a 65-year-old who lives with his 93-year-old mother, Louise, in her house. He dreams of becoming a rock star and has collected "at least" 15 guitars, among numerous other items that have overtaken her home.
The conditions inside the house have gotten so extreme that Louise is now in physical danger and the insurance company has revoked her homeowner's insurance because of the liabilities that her son’s hoarding presents.
Hoping to create a safe home for Louise, David's family, along with clinical psychologist Dr. Julie Pike, have come together with the goal of cleaning out the house once and for all. While discussing the issue with his sister, Christine, Dave says he wants to sell some of his many possessions.
"I all along have not been able to understand why you don’t sell some of this stuff, and the problem is when you do sell stuff you are still bringing stuff home here," she says. "You've got to stop bringing this stuff in because you won't have enough time in your life to get rid of all the stuff here. You really don't."
She later tells him she's trying to give him a "reality check," and that's when things get heated. He tells her that she's gotten "nasty in her old age."
"I'm nasty," she deadpans.
Hoarding: Buried Alive airs at 9 p.m. Wednesdays on TLC. The show, one of the network's most-watched series, examines not only the habits of hoarders but also the psychology of their obsession as they struggle to regain control of their behavior with the help of expert therapists and professional organizers.
Watch a clip from this week's episode, which is exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, above.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed