Hoda Kotb Renews NBC News Deal
Courted by ABC's "The View," the new deal keeps Kotb together with Kathie Lee Gifford on the wine-soaked fourth hour of the "Today" show.
Hoda Kotb has renewed her deal with NBC News, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Kotb, a popular member of the news division who co-hosts the wine-soaked fourth hour of the Today show alongside Kathie Lee Gifford, will also continue to appear across NBC News platforms including primetime newsmagazine Dateline, where she was before she jumped to Today.
The news was first reported by Capital New York.
Kotb did weigh an offer from ABC News that included a role on The View, say sources. The ABC daytime staple has looked at numerous female personalities as it undergoes a transition with Jenny McCarthy joining the cast this season and co-creator and co-executive producer Barbara Walters retiring at the end of the current season.
For NBC News, resigning Kotb keeps the fourth hour of Today intact. The final hour of the morning franchise -- which airs at 10 a.m. in most markets -- is ranks well against its daytime competition, with Kotb and Gifford proving of considerable appeal to daytime's target audience of women 25-54.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR