'Homeland' Adds 'Boardwalk Empire' Actor to Growing List of Guest Stars (Exclusive)
The Showtime drama adds several new characters to the third season, including a shrink whose services will likely be needed by many.
With production on its third season underway on Wednesday, May 22, Homeland is adding a slew of guest stars to a cast that saw more than a few character casualties during its last few episodes.
The Hollywood Reporter has learned that David Aaron Baker is set to play Dr. Harlan, an assessment shrink who'll likely be meeting with Saul (Mandy Patinkin), Carrie (Claire Danes) and the countless other C.I.A. survivors of the deadly blast that rocked the December 2012 finale.
Baker, whose recent TV credits include The Big C, The Following and a six-episode stint on Boardwalk Empire, joins the following confirmed guest stars to the Showtime series:
- Joanna Merlin (Law & Order: SVU) as Grandma Lois, Jessica Brody’s mother
- Nazanin Boniadi (How I Met Your Mother) as Fara, a capable analyst despite her young appearance
- Amy Morton (Boss) as Carrie Mathison’s CIA-appointed attorney Erin Kimball
- Gary Wilmes (Louie) as Dr. Richardson, a psychiatrist helping Dana Brody cope with recent events
- Sam Underwood (The Last Keepers) as Leo, a new friend of Dana’s with a troubled past
- Tracy Letts (Prison Break) as Senator Andrew Lockhart, the committee chairman investigating the attack
- Lawrence Clayton (Dreamgirls, The Big C) as Admiral Jim Pennington, the president’s national security advisor
- Pedro Pascal (Graceland) as Majority Counsel David Portillo, a member of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
Homeland, the Emmy-winning Fox 21 production, returns in the immediate aftermath of the bombing at Vice President Walden's funeral, with outed (and framed) terrorist Nick Brody (Damian Lewis) dubbed "the world's most wanted terrorist."
In addition to the many guests, Homeland recently upped two to regular status. Both F. Murray Abraham and Sarita Choudhury will be more prominently featured when the series returns on Sept. 29.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR