'Homeland' Hits the Campaign Trail in New Season 2 Trailer (Video)
Still holding out on new footage, Showtime's latest spot for its Emmy nominee gets high concept with an election-year-appropriate teaser.
When Homeland returns to Showtime on Sept. 30, there will be quite a different playing field. Carrie (Claire Danes) is out of the C.I.A. and conflicted sleeper agent Brody (Damian Lewis) has a seat in the U.S. Congress.
The latest trailer for the second season of the Emmy-nominated thriller is out, and it adopts a very 2012-friendly election theme. Brody, still seeming to struggle with his loyalties, is seen looking rather uncomfortable behind a podium while an absentee Saul (Mandy Patinkin) offers a bit of a catch-up on the events the last run.
Lewis recently spoke at the Television Critics Association summer press tour and noted that Brody looking uncomfortable would be a big theme in the new season.
"He'd like to think he's in control of his own destiny, but he won't be," he said of his character, balancing a Senate seat and links with Muslim extremists. "Essentially, he's everybody's bitch. He's pretty f---ed."
Watch the full clip below, which includes a slightly less crazy-looking Carrie:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR