'Homeland' Hits the Campaign Trail in New Season 2 Trailer (Video)
Still holding out on new footage, Showtime's latest spot for its Emmy nominee gets high concept with an election-year-appropriate teaser.
When Homeland returns to Showtime on Sept. 30, there will be quite a different playing field. Carrie (Claire Danes) is out of the C.I.A. and conflicted sleeper agent Brody (Damian Lewis) has a seat in the U.S. Congress.
The latest trailer for the second season of the Emmy-nominated thriller is out, and it adopts a very 2012-friendly election theme. Brody, still seeming to struggle with his loyalties, is seen looking rather uncomfortable behind a podium while an absentee Saul (Mandy Patinkin) offers a bit of a catch-up on the events the last run.
Lewis recently spoke at the Television Critics Association summer press tour and noted that Brody looking uncomfortable would be a big theme in the new season.
"He'd like to think he's in control of his own destiny, but he won't be," he said of his character, balancing a Senate seat and links with Muslim extremists. "Essentially, he's everybody's bitch. He's pretty f---ed."
Watch the full clip below, which includes a slightly less crazy-looking Carrie:
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR