'Homeland' Season 3 Trailer: Brody Returns With a Buzz Cut (Video)
Though Damian Lewis' alter ego does not appear in the first two episodes, the Showtime series offers proof that he's still a big part of the show
The trailer for the next season of Homeland picks up right where the Showtime series left things. Brody (Damian Lewis), a wanted man, says goodbye to a crying Carrie (Claire Danes) before going on the lam.
And while the spot does dole out a heaping helping of new footage in the subsequent two minutes, the Emmy-winning series is keeping things predictably ambiguous ahead of its Sept. 29 return. What viewers do catch a glimpse of, however, is a fresh crew cut for the male lead, several hearings in the wake of the C.I.A. bombing and a lot of dramatic facial expressions.
The cast and creative team was much more forthcoming about the upcoming return when speaking with reporters just two weeks ago.
"I don't think it would be a betrayal to say that he's not in the first two episodes, but it would be a betrayal to tell you when he does appear," said co-creator Alex Gansa, referring to Brody's missing status early in the season. "His flight from America just made it impossible to incorporate him in the first two episodes."
This teaser, at least, is proof positive that the suspected terrorist is alive and still part of the series. And, from the looks of it, his story is taking him back to the Middle East.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'