'Honey Boo Boo' Ratings Top the Republican National Convention
The TLC series hits another high in its fourth episode, nearing 3 million viewers and topping cable news and broadcast network coverage of the RNC among adults 18-49.
Perhaps we spoke too soon.
Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, TLC's controversial reality show about a self-proclaimed "redneck" family and their Toddlers and Tiaras daughter, hit another ratings high Wednesday night.
The fourth episode of Honey Boo Boo pulled in just shy of 3 million viewers at 10 p.m., according to Nielsen overnight ratings, growing 30 percent from last week's 2.3 million haul.
In the demo, Honey Boo Boo did even better. The half-hour series' showing among adults 18-49 bested all other cable outings for the night -- including coverage of the Republican National Convention -- to pull a 1.3 rating.
Fox News gave the show its closest competition with a 1.2 adults rating in the same time period. On the broadcast networks, Honey Boo Boo bested ABC and CBS' demo showing for the RNC combined and topped NBC by two-tenths of a point. Aggregate coverage of the RNC across networks obviously eclipsed Honey Boo Boo considerably.
What's more, the series is obliterating its parent series lead-in. Toddlers and Tiaras drew only 1.6 million viewers and a 0.6 rating among adults 18-49 at 9 p.m. That's less than the 10:30 encore episode of Honey Boo Boo, which pulled in 1.8 million and a 0.8 adults rating.
Honey Boo Boo premiered to 2.2 million viewers earlier in August.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws