TLC's 'Honey Boo Boo' Scores Winning Ratings With Series Premiere
The controversial “Toddlers & Tiaras” spinoff centers on 6-year-old Georgia native Alana Thompson and her colorful family.
Here Comes Honey Boo Boo… with impressive ratings, to boot.
The 6-year-old proved to be a winning asset for TLC, with the debut episode of her Toddlers & Tiaras spinoff scoring a 1.6 in the coveted 18-49 demographic and notching a whopping 2.2 million viewers. The show ranked No. 1 among all ad-supported cable in its 10 pm time period, among women in the key demos.
The first installment of the six-episode series follows Honey Boo Boo (real name Alana Thompson) and her family, stay-at-home mom June, chalk-mining dad Sugar Bear, and sisters, 12-year-old Lauryn "Pumpkin", 15-year-old Jessica "Chubbs", and 17-year-old pregnant Anna "Chickadee,” as they introduce the rest of the world to their “Redneck Games” – a backyard version of the Olympics.
Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, which has drawn mixed reactions around the web, returns Wednesday at 10 p.m. ET/PT with another two brand-new episodes. For a taste of the series, watch the clip below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10