In Honor of Independence Day, 5 Great Patriotic TV Moments (Video)
From Whitney Houston's rendition of "Star Spangled Banner" to Mary Lou Retton's perfect 10, take a look at five fantastic TV memories.
As we celebrate the Fourth of July with picnics, barbecues, family and friends, we remember five great patriotic moments that Americans shared and bonded over while watching momentous events on TV:
1992 Olympics in Barcelona
The Olympic flame is ignited by a masterful archer who sets it aflame with amazing skill.
Statue of Liberty Centennial Fireworks
The show elebrated America's Lady Liberty, one of the most welcoming sites to citizens and visitors alike.
Mary Lou Retton Scores a Perfect 10
Her feat at the 1984 Olympics made hearts everywhere leap for joy.
U.S. Team wins Olympic Hockey Medal
The 1980 match featured heart-stopping action and a terrific moment of victory.
Whitney Houston Sings the "Star Spangled Banner" at Super Bowl XXV
Still the definitive version of our national anthem.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @thesurfreport
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game