'Hot in Cleveland' Opens Third Season to Lowest Premiere Ratings
New TV Land comedy "The Exes" debuts with 1.4 million viewers following the Betty White sitcom.
Turns out, the third time isn't the charm for TV Land sitcom Hot in Cleveland.
The third season premiere of the half-hour sitcom led by Betty White, which launched to huge numbers in summer 2010, averaged just 1.9 million total viewers at 10 p.m. on Wednesday for the cable network. That's down nearly 1 million viewers from the previous year (3 million) and a loss of more than 2.5 million viewers from its series opener (4.8 million).
However, the Season 3 premiere topped four episodes from the sophomore season in total tune-in. For the night (including two additional encores), Cleveland averaged 3.7 million.
Cleveland has had a unique launch schedule. Instead of sticking with the same part of the year to begin a new season, the comedy has launched in June, January and now November, right on the cusp of the holiday lull.
Cleveland's lower ratings performance didn't exactly provide new comedy The Exes with a strong launching-off point. The Donald Faison series debuted to 1.4 million viewers at 10:30 p.m. Overall, the sitcom averaged 2.9 million when encores are counted.
Watch a sneak peek of next week's episode of Hot in Cleveland:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR