TV Ratings: 'House' Returns on Top, 'Alcatraz' Has Solid Week 2
ABC's "The Bachelor" jumps 13 percent from its previous outing, but Fox tops Monday.
House returned after a two-month break and finished as Monday's top-rated program.
Fox's medical drama ranked as the No. 1 telecast in primetime with less competition, as CBS aired a full night of repeats of its lineup. House (8.7 million total viewers, 3.1) was up 19 percent from the last original telecast that aired in late November and lured its biggest audience since the October season premiere.
Notably, rookie drama Alcatraz (9 million, 3.0) maintained good numbers its second week on the air, down just 9 percent among adults 18-49 from the two-hour debut. Fox notes that Alcatraz is the third freshman drama series this season to post a rating of at least a 3.0 in week 2, joining Terra Nova and ABC's Once Upon a Time. On the solid showings by House and Alcatraz, Fox easily won the night with a 3.0 average and narrowly beat ABC in total viewers in primetimet (8.84 million vs. 8.83 million). Both shows topped their respective time periods.
ABC's The Bachelor (8.3 million, 2.7) jumped 13 percent from its last outing for second place in the 8-10 p.m. hours. Castle (10.1 million, 2.1) dipped 5 percent but won the 10 p.m. period opposite a Hawaii Five-0 rerun and Rock Center With Brian Williams' Republican debate coverage. ABC followed Fox on the night with a 2.5 average.
NBC's airing of Who's Still Standing? (6.4 million, 1.7) rose 6 percent at 8 p.m. Following was the two-hour Republican debate (7.1 million, 1.7) from 9-11 p.m.
The return of the CW's Hart of Dixie (1.6 million, 0.7) after more than a month off the air dropped slightly. But the second episode of the year for Gossip Girl (1.6 million, 0.7) improved 23 percent in viewers and 17 percent in the demo.
CBS aired repeats.
Fox: House (8.7 million total viewers, 3.1 rating in adults 18-49)
ABC: The Bachelor (8.3 million, 2.7)
CBS: How I Met Your Mother (R) (7 million, 2.3)
NBC: Who's Still Standing? (6.4 million, 1.7)
The CW: Gossip Girl (1.6 million, 0.7)
CBS: 2 Broke Girls (R) (7.8 million, 2.6)
Fox: Alcatraz (9 million, 3.0)
CBS: Two and a Half Men (R) (9.8 million, 2.6)
NBC: Rock Center With Brian Williams (S) (7.1 million, 1.7)
The CW: Hart of Dixie (1.6, 0.7)
CBS: Mike & Molly (R) (8.3 million, 2.4)
ABC: Castle (10.1 million, 2.1)
CBS: Hawaii Five-0 (R) (6.8 million, 1.6)
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!