'House' Alum Kal Penn Joins 'How I Met Your Mother' in Recurring Role
The soon to be ex-White House Staffer makes his return to TV.
Kal Penn is gearing up to leave the White House position he held for two years in the Office of Public Engagement later this month, but he’ll be serving his nation in another new gig.
A CBS spokesperson confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Penn will be joining How I Met Your Mother in a recurring role, as first reported by TVLine. He’ll play Kevin, a new love interest for Cobie Smulders’ character, Robin, who’s been single, but finally she’s ready to mingle.
The role will be Penn’s first TV role since leaving House to work for the Obama Administration in 2009. But, of course, he made time to shoot another Harold and Kumar movie. A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas, which reaches theatres in November, includes an appearance by new HIMYM cast mate, Neil Patrick Harris.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR