'House of Cards' Season 2 Trailer: 'Hunt or Be Hunted' (Video)
Netflix unveils the official poster featuring Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright with the tagline: "There are two kinds of pain."
A new trailer for Netflix's House of Cards offers some more insight into the backroom politicking on the Hill.
"Hunt or be hunted." That is the theme for the sophomore season of the 13-episode drama starring Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright.
Following a dramatic first season, House of Cards picks up with Francis (Spacey) and his wife Claire Underwood (Wright) continuing their rise to power as threats begin to mount on all fronts. Reporter Zoe Barnes (Kate Mara) is closing in on the truth of Francis' crimes, while President Walker's confidante Raymond Tusk (Gerald McRaney) demands Francis pay back political favors. Meanwhile, Claire faces public pressure when the sanctity of her marriage is questioned.
If the first season saw the the Underwoods' ascent among the political ranks, the new episodes position Francis as starting "the new chapter with a clean slate," with Claire -- ever the loyal wife -- standing by his side. But if the new trailer is any indication, Francis is in danger of having everything he's worked for go down the drain. "Welcome back," Francis tells the audience.
Netflix also unveiled the official one-sheet for the new season with the ominous tagline: "There are two kinds of pain."
Watch the trailer below.
House of Cards returns Feb. 14 on Netflix.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram