'How I Met Your Mother' Makes Cristin Milioti a Series Regular
The actress recently revealed to be the titular mother will feature prominently in the CBS comedy's ninth and final season.
The Mother is ready for her close-up. Revealing the pivotal character in the eighth season finale, How I Met Your Mother has upped briefly glimpsed guest star Cristin Milioti to series regular for the CBS' comedy's final season.
A rep at studio 20th Century Fox confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Milioti will join regular cast members Alyson Hannigan, Neil Patrick Harris, Josh Radnor, Jason Segel and Cobie Smulders full-time next season, as first reported by TVLine.
Milioti's addition comes on the heels of other rather telling details about How I Met Your Mother's final season. All of the remaining episodes will take place over Barney (Harris) and Robin's (Smulders) long wedding weekend, with CBS entertainment chief Nina Tassler noting at the network's upfront presentation that the narrative will focus on how all of the characters meet Ted's future bride before Ted himself does.
How I Met Your Mother marks Milioti's first job as a series regular. The Tony-nominated Once star has previously appeared on The Good Wife, 30 Rock and The Sopranos.
Milioti is repped by Gersh.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR