'How I Met Your Mother': Wayne Brady to Recur in Final Season
The "Let's Make a Deal" host will reprise his role as Barney's brother, James, in the ninth run of the CBS comedy.
Wayne Brady is returning from a long How I Met Your Mother hiatus.
The actor, who last appeared as Barney's (Neil Patrick Harris) brother, James, in a 2011 episode, is set for multiple appearances during the CBS comedy's final season. A rep for studio Twentieth Century Fox TV confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Brady will be returning in a recurring capacity.
The Let's Make a Deal host leaked the not-too-surprising news on Monday night when he tweeted about his first fitting of the new season. As producers have already let slip, How I Met Your Mother's final run will take place over one long wedding weekend. James will likely be a key figure in the festivities, since it's his brother who's tying the knot.
Brady has appeared in a total of five episodes of How I Met Your Mother, playing the other son to Frances Conroy's Loretta Stinson.
Other details on the final season of How I Met Your Mother, the first to feature the mother (played by Cristin Milioti), have been kept under wraps -- but the entire cast, co-creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas and director/executive producer Pamela Fryman will all be appearing at Comic-Con next week in San Diego.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack